Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Workout Wednesday

Hey y'all!  I hope you're having a great week so far!

We're already halfway through yet another work week.  I find that hard to believe.  But it has  been a busy one,  so far!

I meal prepped like a boss this past weekend.  We didn't go to the lake so I was able to take a little extra time prepping.  I fixed grilled chicken, turkey burgers, boiled eggs, ground turkey,  brown rice,  black beans,  sweet potatoes,  broccoli,  mixed veggies,  and fresh fruit. We tried something new for breakfast this week: chicken apple sausages.  They were delicious! So we're both fairly well on track with our nutrition this week.



I'm pleased to announce that hubs is doing the  Body Beast  workouts with me on a daily basis. We had a few misses the first week,  but we've been very consistent this week.  We're going on vacation in a couple of weeks,  so I'm not sure how we will manage that  but we'll figure out something. This morning,  I worked out at the gym it my trainer.  It was a good session.  It was obvious to me that I need to keep working to strengthen my core! I'm still weak in that area.

I'm still tracking fats,  carbs,  and protein in My Fitness Pal using the calculations from If It Fits Your Macros I'm getting a better understanding of the process. I still am not seeing the progress that I want to see.  I'm just going to keep with it though.  I really like the concept of not tracking calories.  I record all my daily food.  And,  if I still have room for a treat,  then I have the treat and don't feel guilty about it.  I haven't been on the scale in a couple of weeks.  I'm not hungry at all. It is isn't  restrictive at all.  I think that it  instills  a healthier  mindset than counting calories and watching the scale. Both of those methods can lead to eating disorders and body image issues.

Today is  Wednesday,  so that means it's Workout Wednesday.  I've got a quick,  total body circuit for you today.  You can either incorporate this into your usual routine or it can stand alone if you're pressed for time.



So,  that's all for now.  I'll have some super exciting news for you tomorrow  so stay tuned!

Until next time--get up, get out,  and  get moving! Whatever you do today,  be awesome at it!

Your friend,

Theresa

2 comments:

  1. thank you-i love workouts in pics like that. I save them in a file and then pick one at random to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a healthy week for you so far. That meal prep sounded awesome. I love chicken apple sausages!

    ReplyDelete